Tenancy application process
The construction of Lumi Kodud rental apartment buildings has been proceeding as planned and the first residents will be able to move in in the spring of 2019, immediately after the permit for the certificate of occupancy has been issued.
Select an apartment and complete the application form
If everything is suitable we will sign the contract
First instalment of the deposit
We will contact you with the moving-in date, after which the second instalment of the deposit will become due.
We will conduct the handover of the apartment. Welcome to Lumi Kodud!
The terms and conditions of the Tenancy Agreement
Take your time familiarizing yourself with the terms and conditions and the annexes of this Tenancy Agreement. If anything remains unclear, please don’t hesitate to ask. We will be happy to answer all your questions!
The Tenancy Agreement is generally concluded digitally.
The Term of the Tenancy Agreement
- The Term of the Tenancy Agreement is fixed for one (1) year from the date of the handover of the apartment. Upon expiry of this initial period, the Tenancy Agreement will automatically become a rolling contract.
- It is possible to terminate the contract upon the notified end date by notifying the other party at least two (2) months in advance
Termination of the contract upon the Tenant's request
After one (1) year, the client can terminate the contract by giving at least two (2) months’ notice in advance.
Handover of the apartment
The apartment building is currently under construction and the residents can only take occupancy after the building has been issued a certificate of occupancy. The estimated date for the handover of the apartments will be in April or May 2019.
We will notify you regarding the handover of the apartment at least thirty (30) days in advance. The certificate of occupancy and compliance with their conditions will depend on the actions of the authorities and third parties.
The Tenant must have their identity document (D-card or passport) with them at the time of the handover of the apartment.
- All residents must be listed in the Tenancy Agreement.
- Subletting the apartment without the consent of the Landlord is not permitted (including Airbnb).
- The sum of the deposit is equal to two (2) months' rent.
- The deposit is payable in two instalments. The first instalment is due upon signature of the Tenancy Agreement and the 2nd instalment is due on or before the handover of the apartment.
- Brokerage fees do not apply when renting an apartment from Lumi Kodud.
- The apartments can only be rented through the Lumi Kodud team!
The client must familiarize himself/herself with the Lumi Kodud House Rules (the rules for the use of the apartment, the building and the estate) and follow them throughout the tenancy period.
Prior to the commencement of the Tenancy Agreement, background checks will be carried out on all clients. This involves checking the regularity of income, possible payment defaults through Creditinfo, Taust.ee portals, criminal records, and other necessary actions for conducting the background check, as described in the Tenancy Agreement.
Once you have selected a suitable apartment, it is necessary to submit the following documents, together with your application, for the purposes of the background check:
- A copy of a valid identity document (ID card, passport) or a photo taken with a mobile phone;
- Bank statements from the last 6 months, complete with the bank's digital stamp (showing all incomings and outgoings).